You can apply for naturalization and become a British citizen if you meet the circumstances below
You were born in the UK whether you were:
• born in the UK or a British colony before 1 January 1983
• born in the UK between 1 January 1983 and 1 October 2000
• born in the UK between 2 October 2000 and 29 April 2006
• born in the UK between 30 April 2006 and 30 June 2021
• born in the UK from 1 July 2021 onwards
• born outside the UK or are stateless
If you are married or in a civil partnership with a British citizen:
• You must have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
• You need to hold the ILR (Indefinite leave to remain) or EU Settled Status
You have a British parent
You have another type of British nationality
You are stateless
If you gave up your citizenship
If you are a Commonwealth citizen:
• You or one of your parents arrived in the UK before 1973 which the parent was born in the UK or arrived before 18 years old
• You have lived in the UK and not been away for more than 2 years
Absence from the UK
You must have lived for at least 5 years in the UK and you should not have:
Spend more than 450 days outside the country during this period
Spend more than 90 days outside the country in the last 12 months
You also need to:
Been a good character (unbroken criminal convicts and UK immigration law)
Have sufficient knowledge of the English, Welsh, or Scottish Gaelic language and of life in the UK
Intend to make your principal home in the UK or, if you intend to live abroad, that you work in Crown service or for the UK enterprise.
You will also need to attend a public ceremony which is required to take the Oath of Allegiance.
Home Office Fee
The fee for the Naturalization as an adult is a total of £ 1.330. You will not get a refund if your application is refused or withdrawn.
If you would like to learn more about this visa type and how it suits you please feel free to contact us or ask us to contact you. Our initial consultation is free of charge! We can listen to your case and see how we can help you.