Sole Representative



This visa type allows a company to establish a commercial presence in the UK. The overseas company sends a senior member of staff as a representative to run operations in the UK branch or in the wholly-owned subsidiary. This visa is initially granted for 3 years and can be extended for another 2 years and will eventually lead to settlement after 5 years. This route allows the applicant to bring their partner and dependents with them to the UK.

You will need to prove that

  • You are genuine in your intentions to be the sole representative of your overseas company;
  • You are employed by the overseas company;
  • You are employed by an active and trading business outside the UK (whose headquarters and principal place of business are, and will remain, outside the UK);
  • Proof of English language proficiency of at least CEFR Level A1;
  • There is no active branch or subsidiary of your company already established or present in the UK;
  • You possess the knowledge and skill to take on the job in the UK;
  • You do not have the majority of the control of the company. This means at least less than %50 of shareholding, sole proprietorship, partnership or any other agreement. (The Home Office will take the year you have applied in as well as the previous year into consideration);
  • You will be working full-time as the sole representative of your company and will not engage in any business activities of your own outside your company or work for any other company;
  • You are a senior member of the company with full authority to make decisions on the company’s behalf;
  • The company intends to maintain and run operations in the UK and for no other purpose; and
  • You have enough funds to support yourself and any dependents without recourse to help from public funds in the UK.
From outside the UK (initial application)
For applications inside the UK for extension
To have your photo and fingerprint taken (biometric information)
Health surcharge for per person per year

If you would like to learn more about this visa type and how it suits you please feel free to contact us or ask us to contact you. Our initial consultation is free of charge! We can listen to your case and see how we can help you.